I discovered last week that I can only tolerate a Soft Play Centre if it’s for a birthday party. If it’s just to take the kids to play, I really would rather not!
Here are a few tips and warnings that might help you to stay sane, if you’re anything like me!
What to wear
- Make sure you can move comfortably in whatever you wear.
- If you’re going to play with your kids, then prepare to get hot and sweaty!
- Make sure whatever you wear actually fits you! You don’t want to be showing anyone any cracks that they shouldn’t be seeing, if you get what I’m saying!
- Wear socks!
- Expect lots of hyper kids running crazy. Everywhere!
- Don’t expect all parents to discipline their kids when they do something they shouldn’t. (Apparently, some parents go there so that they can completely ignore their kids! Don’t get me wrong, I’m all up for kids playing and parents having a little rest…..but you need to keep an eye on your kid and make sure they’re not hurting anyone or upsetting other kids.)
- Don’t expect your kids to always act completely rational when it comes to having to leave. It’s completely normal for them to turn psycho on you or run and hide. (A treat to bribe them may help in this situation 😉)
- Lots and lots of drink! The kids run around like crazy and get so hot and sweaty that they ask for a drink every few minutes!
I hope this helps!
Do you like Soft Play Centres? Do you have any tips or advice to add??