Freckled Face number 4 and I made these fun Halloween Treats! It was so fun to do and the kids loved the look, and the taste!
What you’ll need
- Rice Krispies
- Coloured Chocolate Melts (we got ours from Hobbycraft!)
- A black icing pen
- White icing
- Green icing
- Halloween Cookie Cutters (again, we got ours from Hobbycraft!)
- A bowl per colour chocolate
- A spoon per bowl
- A plate (or 2!)
What to do
- Melt the chocolate in the bowl. (We would suggest just doing one colour at a time). You can either do it in the microwave or over a pot of boiling water. Just be careful not to burn the chocolate! (Don’t heat it for too long)
- Stir the melted chocolate and add in the Rice Krispies a little at a time. Be sure to stop when all the Krispies are covered in chocolate, but not too thinly. Still a little excess chocolate.
- Place the cookie cutter on the plate and fill it with the Chocolate/Krispie mix. Pack it fairly tight. Lift the cookie cutter and repeat until all the mix is gone.
- Place in the fridge to set. (Should take around 20 minutes)
- Once set, decorate with icining as pictured. (Leave for at least 5-10 mins before eating/removing them from the plate.)
- Photohraph and share them on social media! 😉