These jars make for great Christmas decor, you can pop a tea light in them, and they make a great gift too!
- A glass jar
- Tacky glue
- Paint brush
- Plate or dish
- Epsom salt
- Silver glitter
- Ribbon or twine
- Any other decorative items to add – e.g holy, berries, etc
- Hot glue gun
What to do…
- Clean and dry your jar(s)
- On a plate or in a dish- mix the Epsom salt and glitter (I would say you need less than a cup of the salt per jar…obviously depending on the size if the jar….and the amount of glitter is up to you!)
- Using the paint brush, cover one of your jars in glue (don’t do the bottom of or inside the jar)
- Either roll the jar in the salt/glitter mix or use your hands to pour/sprinkle it on to the jar.
- When the jar is covered leave to dry. We left ours for a couple if hours. (We played a few games while we waited!) If you are doing more than one jar then repeat the above!
- When dry, take your twine and/or ribbon and the rest of the decoration you have chosen and arrange. Once happy with the arrangement, glue the bits that need keeping in place.
- Job done ✔