Whilst this may not be the healthiest snack or treat…. it is a yummy one!
What you will need
- Candy Cane (I used normal size here, but you can use the mini ones for bite size 😉)
- White chocolate (or whichever chocolate you would prefer)
- 2 baking trays
- Baking paper
- A bowl
- A spoon
- Cling film
What to do
- Preheat the oven at 180°c
- Line one of your baking trays with baking paper and line the other with cling film
- Take the wrappers off of the candy canes and place them in the shape of hearts on the tray with baking paper. Place in the oven for a few minutes (3-5 mins).
- Take them out of the oven and carefully pinch the joins together. This should make it secure enough to hold the chocolate.
- While they set and harden again, melt the chocolate in a bowl. (Over a pan or in a microwave- whatever your preference!)
- Take your heart shaped candy canes and place them on the tray with cling film on.
- Spoon the chocolate into the middle of the heart – a spoonful at a time and spreading it out so the whole of the inside of the heart is covered in chocolate
- When you are happy with the amount of chocolate filling the heart, sprinkle the toppings/sprinkles over the chocolate
- When they’re all done place the tray in the fridge to set. They should be good to eat within 30 minutes.
- When they are done and the chocolate is set, you’ll find that the candy canes are a bit tacky. Leave on the side for a few minutes before eating, or wrapping them up.
You can enjoy them yourself or give them as gifts.