We stumbled across these a couple of years ago. They are so easy to make and pretty yummy too….though a little messy/crumbly to eat!
I N G R E D I E N T S
2 cups of oats
1 cup rice krispies
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
Dried fruit. We tend to add 1/2 cup of cranberries or raisins, etc. (You will need to add a
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
A big mixing bowl (preferably glass), a wooden spoon, measuring cups, a saucepan, a 7×10 tray(or there abouts) lined with cling film.
WHAT TO DO
- Mix oats, rice krispies, coconut, salt, vanilla and any dried fruit in the mixing bowl
- Melt the honey, sugar and butter in the saucepan (on a medium – high heat). Stir and bring to boil. Boil (and stir) for 2 mins 15 secs.
- Pour into dry mix and quickly stir and mix together before the wet mix hardens.
- When it is all mixed together. Pour it in to the tray lined with cling film. Press down on mixture to assure it is packed in tight and firm.
- Set in fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Cut as desired.
- Let us know how you get on!