If your kids are anything like mine, they love baking (and eating!) and enjoy doing something a little different.
Fossil biscuits went down a treat! Here is what you’ll need:
- 6oz of butter (at room temp)
- 3oz of caster sugar
- 9oz of plain flour
- 1 tsp of cinnamon (optional and to taste)
- A big bowl
- A wooden spoon (optional; you can just use your hands or an electric mixer!)
- A dinosaur toy (one that will leave a good footprint!)
- A butterfly stamp
- Baking tray (and baking paper if you use it. I prefer it, but you can grease the tray if you prefer.)
What to do
- Preheat the oven at 180°C/350°F
- Wash hands
- Put all the ingredients in the bowl and mix/squish/knead together until a firm but mouldable biscuit dough is formed.
- Brake off some of the dough and make it in to a ball.
- Squish down a little, so they look a bit stone, but not really flat. (We tend to make them so that they are about 5-6 inches wide after they’ve been squished a little)
- Make the prints with your dinosaur’s foot and butterfly stamp.
- Place them on the baking tray and into the oven for 10-12 mins.
- Leave to cool before eating!
- Let us know how it went!!
- Share this recipe with family and friends who might enjoy it also! 😉
We hope you enjoy making them and eating them as much as we do!